I am a professional and accredited therapist with many years’ experience of working with people from a range of backgrounds facing various challenges.
I have also experienced challenges myself and navigating these has informed my work and equipped me with and understanding and trust in the process of healing, recovery and becoming.
I have explored and drawn from different therapeutic approaches and spiritual traditions. I have had a meditation practice since the mid-1990s.
Informed by these studies and also time spent in silence and on retreat, I have integrated these influences into a way of working that can be tailored to meet individual needs.
I have spent time in India, Italy, California and the UK studying with different teachers, including Dr Richard Miller. I have undertaken training with Nick Totton and senior iRest Yoga Nidra teachers.
I value diversity and am committed to sharing the aspects of my work derived from spiritual traditions in a way that is respectful of difference and personal preferences. Although influenced by yogic and related traditions, I share what is helpful about these traditions in a way that is suited to people of all faiths and none.
I have worked professionally, as a counsellor for over 10 years and I have worked in advice and guidance roles for over 25 years.
I have worked with people in education settings (Further and Higher Education) and with older adults and people with disabilities and physical health challenges.
Selected education, training and accreditation
- iRest Level 2 Yoga Nidra Training – October 2019
- iRest certification programme – commenced June 2018
- iRest Level 1 Yoga Nidra Training – May 2018
- Motivational Interviewing Training – August 2017 (2 days)
- New Pathways Volunteer Training Sexual Violence and Abuse – August 2016 to November 2016 (10 days)
- EFTMRA Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Level 2 – February 2016 (3 days)
- Mandala Yoga Ashram Foundation Year of Yoga Teacher Training Course – September 2012 to August 2013
- Severnside Institue for Psychotherapy Work Discussion Course – September 2006 to June 2007
- Manchester Gestalt Centre Introduction to Therapeutic Groupwork – January 2005 to June 2005 (8 days)
- Accredited counsellor status awarded by BACP – September 2004
- Advanced Diploma Embodied Relational Therapy – September 2002 to March 2003
- City & Guilds Certificate in Teaching Adult Learners – September 2001 to June 2002
- Diploma Embodied Relational Therapy – May 2001 to May 2002
- Lancaster and Morecambe College Diploma in Counselling – September 1996 to June 1999
- Lancaster and Morecambe College Certificate in Counselling – September 1995 to June 1996
- Advanced Counselling Skills (Egan Model) – September 1993 to November 1993
- Basic Counselling Skills (Egan Model) – March 1993 to May 1993
- The University of Manchester BA (Hons) Media with Business Management – September 1989 to June 1992