I am a professional and accredited therapist with many years’ experience of working with people from a range of backgrounds facing various challenges.
I have also experienced challenges myself. Navigating these has informed my work and equipped me with insight, sensitivity, resilience and compassion alongside an understanding and trust in the process of healing, recovery and becoming.
I have explored and drawn from different therapeutic approaches and spiritual traditions. I have had a meditation practice since the mid-1990s. I am informed by these practices and also time spent in silence and on retreat. I have integrated these influences into a way of working that can be tailored to meet individual needs.
I value diversity and am committed to sharing the aspects of my work derived from spiritual traditions in a way that is respectful of difference and personal preferences. Although I am influenced by the yogic and related traditions I aim to share what is helpful about these practices in a way that is suited to people of all faiths and none.
I am passionate about supporting people in their healing journeys and sharing the practices that have brought so many benefits to my life.
I have worked professionally, as a counsellor for over 10 years and I have worked in advice and guidance roles for over 25 years.
I have worked with people in education settings (Further and Higher Education) and with older adults and people with disabilities and physical health challenges.
Selected education, training and accreditation
- iRest Level 2 Yoga Nidra Training – October 2019
- iRest certification programme – commenced June 2018
- iRest Level 1 Yoga Nidra Training – May 2018
- Motivational Interviewing Training – August 2017 (2 days)
- New Pathways Volunteer Training Sexual Violence and Abuse – August 2016 to November 2016 (10 days)
- EFTMRA Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Level 2 – February 2016 (3 days)
- Mandala Yoga Ashram Foundation Year of Yoga Teacher Training Course – September 2012 to August 2013
- Severnside Institue for Psychotherapy Work Discussion Course – September 2006 to June 2007
- Manchester Gestalt Centre Introduction to Therapeutic Groupwork – January 2005 to June 2005 (8 days)
- Accredited counsellor status awarded by BACP – September 2004
- Advanced Diploma Embodied Relational Therapy – September 2002 to March 2003
- City & Guilds Certificate in Teaching Adult Learners – September 2001 to June 2002
- Diploma Embodied Relational Therapy – May 2001 to May 2002
- Lancaster and Morecambe College Diploma in Counselling – September 1996 to June 1999
- Lancaster and Morecambe College Certificate in Counselling – September 1995 to June 1996
- Advanced Counselling Skills (Egan Model) – September 1993 to November 1993
- Basic Counselling Skills (Egan Model) – March 1993 to May 1993
- The University of Manchester BA (Hons) Media with Business Management – September 1989 to June 1992